Like the title says, I’ve been working on a new version of PG.
I stopped working on version 1 because I wasn’t happy with the database, or the loading process that took forever. I’d never dealt with such sizable collections of interlinked items and made a lot of design decisions that, going forward, just made it so undesirable to work with.
So I set out to make V2 with a redesigned engine to resolve these previous design issues. And I did, sort of, but along the way I decided to change the UI, and that….was a flop. Along with some silly bugs and a UI framework I was really struggling to bend to my will, I wasn’t happy at all with V2 either.
So here is a trial version of my 3rd attempt. This is just a test. You can’t save anything. This version has no database behind it, anything you do will disappear as soon the app is closed. On v2, I put in a lot of work before realizing it was a bad approach. Right now I am just looking for feedback to avoid this. Hopefully, v3 will be the best of both v1 and v2.
- only one screen per item type
- images will be either url or file, no more saving to database
- nice ui
- all in app operations performed in memory, database used only for loading and saving changes
- improved searching (and/or, dropping sql support)
- improved folder display
- singular exe file
- an “organized” tag for scenes, with the goal of being able to have a 100% organized library