Written by pornganizerSeptember 6, 2016 update improved PGV3 a lot of behind the scenes stuff hopefully better loading improved scene tile general fixes still read only PGV3.exe Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading... 12 thoughts on “update” nice job. great program. love the new look. My crash after it opens when I change the tab. i have over 2000 scene LikeLike Reply Looks really nice and is much faster. Great job! Just as an FYI, the application crashes when any tab is dragged beyond the first/last element of the tab control. LikeLike Reply I’m getting crashes during the following: During/Right after loading screen: System.ExecutionEngineException was unhandled Message: An unhandled exception of type ‘System.ExecutionEngineException’ occurred in MahApps.Metro Not every time, happens with both large and small dbs. After clicking rename: System.AccessViolationException was unhandled Message: An unhandled exception of type ‘System.AccessViolationException’ occurred in Microsoft.WindowsAPICodePack.Shell Additional information: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt. There were a few others. If you need any more info let me know. UI seems a tad quicker. Any chance on caching thumbnails for scenes? They seem to be reloading each time the view is changed. LikeLike Reply The problem with caching is that .Net has a 2gig limit per collection. You can hit 2 gigs in images fairly easily. If I start caching stuff, then I have to monitor memory usage and start clearing images from the cache. not a small task. Right now it’s using a Windows API to get the thumbnail. Potentially, switching to a custom image on your hard drive may improve performance, but that is a big job for large collections. We’ll see. Also, caching generally means it’s an item you’ve already viewed. When you change views, you are looking at new items, so there is no cache to fall back to. LikeLike Reply I was thinking something along the lines of XYplorer which caches the small thumbs to a file on the hard drive as opposed to memory (kind of like old school thumbs.db files). Not sure how difficult that would be to implement, and may well be beyond the scope of this project. Thanks for the reply! LikeLike Reply i am not currently keeping any image in memory LikeLike Reply Crashes when loading my (very large) database upon opening. LikeLike Reply how large? LikeLike Reply I have well over 10 thousand scenes and no crashes. LikeLike Reply Mine was working fine on the first run, but it crashed while using, now gets stuck on loading screen. What I got to use of it though, loading much faster now. LikeLike Reply Just over 19,000 scenes. LikeLike Reply I really like where this is going. Good stuff. LikeLike Reply Leave a Reply Cancel reply Enter your comment here... Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Email (required) (Address never made public) Name (required) Website You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change ) You are commenting using your Google account. ( Log Out / Change ) You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change ) You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change ) Cancel Connecting to %s Notify me of new comments via email. Notify me of new posts via email.